might be a more romantic place to get married.... one where you
don't hear the waves of the ocean, and can't watch a beautiful sunset
from the starboard of a dinner cruise...
If you know a better place, don't consider Hilton Head.
if you don't - here is some basic information to get your started.
DO YOU NEED TO GET MARRIED IN SOUTH CAROLINA?
The Bride & Groom must be 18 or over.
2. Each must provide at least 1 form of identification.
3. Both parties must appear in person at the
Probate Court in the County Courthouse in Beaufort (102 Ribaut Road
between 9am and 4pm, Monday through Friday (except Holidays) or
at the Hilton Head Island satellite office at 539 William Hilton
Parkway between 9am and 2:30pm, by appointment, every Wednesday
4. There is a 24-hour waiting period after
application to obtain your marriage license (If you're planning
to get married on Saturday or Sunday, don't apply for your license
5. The ceremony may be performed by members
of the clergy or by state officials - including judges and notaries
public. No witnesses are required.
6. The ceremony must be performed in South
Carolina but not necessarily in the county where the license was
7. The license fee is $50 if one or both applicants
are Beaufort County residents.
8. The license fee is $75 if one or both of
the applicants is a South Carolina Resident.
9. The license fee is $100 if neither applicant
is from South Carolina.
YOU DON'T NEED TO GET MARRIED IN SOUTH CAROLINA:
A blood test.
2. A physical exam.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION CALL (843) 470-5322.